Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 1 is almost over!

I have been in Uganda for 5 days now, but unfortunately I have not been able to find time to blog. Our hotel in Soroti does not have Internet, in fact the whole town appears to be without Internet at the moment.

Thankfully the World Vision Soroti office has a large satellite dish that their Internet is connected to. Every morning and evening we drop by the office for 15 minutes or so to quickly check our emails, etc.

As I am writing this (on my iPhone) we are on our way to another project. We will be meeting a former child soldier and then visiting an OVC centre (Orphans & Vulnerable Children), a woman who is raising 10 orphans. Hopefully I'll be able to upload this toy site this evening when we are back at the WV office.

Today is also the last day of our photography workshop. We have been teaching 10 wonderful children how to use cameras and take photos. On Sunday we'll be have an exhibit to share some of their photos withe rest of the community.

My main role on this trip has been to organize everything for the photo workshops which is why I haven't had any time to blog. But next week should be a different story.

No comments: