Friday, April 02, 2010

It's 1:47am and I'm unpacking and packing at the same time. I'm unpacking because I just moved a few days ago. I sold one house and bought another house, a bit smaller and only a few blocks away.

And I'm packing because in the morning (or maybe even in a few hours if I'm not feeling tired) I am going to drive to Toronto and then next Friday I'm flying to Bangladesh (via Brussels, New Delhi, & Calcutta)...

I can't believe the trip is only a week away! I have almost everything that I need now. I just have to get my doctor in Toronto to sign the paper saying that I'm healthy and can travel.

As a World Vision volunteer, I needed to get a police report that is kind've like a criminal record check, except it's called a "vulnerable people search" or "Vulnerable sector screening". I guess it's for people working with kids. I just barely got the report in time. I called them yesterday afternoon to ask when I could pick it up, they knew I needed it by April 1st. The lady on the phone said that they hadn't gotten to it yet as they were about 4 months backlogged!! But she said that it was in the RUSH pile and I should maybe have it next week. I told her that I was leaving the next day and she said that she'd see what she could do and that she'd call me back. At 2:40pm she called to let me know that it was done but that their office closed at 3pm. I raced over there right away to pick it up. And in case you're wondering, no, I have no criminal record :)

When I'm in Toronto, I need to go buy a Shalwar Kameeze. That's what women wear in Bangladesh. It shouldn't be too hard to find one in Toronto. I've even seen them at Value Village. Or then I'll go down to little India and buy one there. I'd love to get a bright orange one (one of my favourite colours and also the World Vision colour!)

Well, it's now 2:01am and I just yawned...hmm, I wonder if I should go to bed, or continue packing & unpacking...

~Lily

No comments: